- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
6 oz lean ground pork
1 large zucchini, diced into ¼-inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
10 oz cremini mushrooms (or brown mushrooms), sliced
1 4-oz pkg gourmet mixed mushrooms (blend of portobellos, cremini, oysters and shiitakes), sliced
4 tbsp white whole-wheat flour
6 stalks green onion, green and white parts chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
4 cups cooked whole-wheat orzo
1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil on high heat. Add porcini mushrooms and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high. Add pork, stirring to break up meat. Cook until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Once zucchini is soft and begins to release liquid, add white, cremini and gourmet mushrooms. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes, until mushrooms begin to release liquid.
3. Stir in flour and cook, uncovered, for another 2 minutes. Add reserved porcini cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Mix in onion, thyme, orange zest, soy sauce, pepper, salt and porcini mushrooms. Simmer on medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. To serve, place ½ cup orzo in a soup bowl and top with 1 cup mushroom ragout.
- Serving Size: 1 cup mushroom ragout and ½ cup orzo)
- Calories: 235
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 198 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g