Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- To a heat-proof bowl, add porcini mushrooms and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add shallot and sauté, stirring frequently, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cremini and porcini mushrooms and sauté until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs. Let cool slightly.
- Arrange steak between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using the bottom of a heavy skillet or a meat mallet, pound steak to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap and arrange steak with long edges parallel to work surface. Sprinkle surface of steak with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Spread shallot mixture over steak, leaving a 2-inch border uncovered on long side furthest from you. Gently pat shallot mixture down and sprinkle evenly with feta. Starting from long edge closest to you and lifting with plastic wrap, tightly roll steak upward, peeling away plastic wrap as you roll. Using kitchen string, tie steak crosswise at 1½-inch intervals. Tuck in ends and use kitchen string to secure.
- Brush steak with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Arrange oven rack 4 inches from top heat source and preheat broiler to high. Arrange steak, seam side up, on a broiler pan or heavy rimmed baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 145˚F, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- While steak is resting, mist a small rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat broiler to high. Arrange beans in a single layer on sheet and toss with remaining
- tsp oil, vinegar and garlic. Transfer to top oven rack and broil, turning occasionally, until bright green and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with steak.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 306
- Carbohydrate Content 15.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 76 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 311 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g