Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. To a large heat-proof bowl, add tomatoes and dates. Add boiling water to cover. Let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain.
2. To a food processor, add tomatoes and dates, mushrooms, walnuts, soy sauce, coriander, cumin, salt and chile powder. Pulse until coarsely chopped. (TIP: If making to go, refrigerate in airtight containers for up to 3 days.)
3. Divide mixture among containers with desired fixings and tortilla chips (if using).
- Serving Size 1/5 of recipe
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 327 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 10 g