Mustard Pickle Deviled Eggs
The old-school sandwich side gets an upgrade with crunchy pickles and avocado oil mayonnaise. Just be sure to read your labels to ensure your ingredients are Whole30 compliant.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
TAKE IT TO GO: Pack eggs in an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved lengthwise
¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
3 tbsp minced dill pickle + 2 tsp pickle juice, divided
2 tsp Dijon mustard (TIP: Look for wine-free mustards)
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, or to taste
fresh dill, optional
1. Spoon egg yolks into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, pickle juice and mustard. Mash with a fork, combining all ingredients as you go. (Add more juice if needed to reach desired consistency.) Fold in pickle. Season with salt and pepper.
2. With a tbsp measure, spoon mixture into egg white halves. (Alternatively, spoon filling into a pastry bag and pipe it in.) Top each with dill (if using).
- Serving Size 2 halves
- Calories 147
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 197 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 301 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g