No-Bake Cranberry Apple Oat Bars
Making a batch of these almond butter, oat and flax bars at the start of the week ensures you always have a nutritious snack on hand or a breakfast you can grab on your way out the door.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Don’t let the sweetness of raw honey in these bars deceive you – it’s packed with advantageous antioxidant properties. Antioxidants prevent oxidative damage (aka damage to healthy cells), which can slow aging, prolong healthy brain function and reduce your risk for certain types of cancers.
- 2½ cups large-flake rolled oats
- 1¼ cups creamy natural almond butter or peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped unsweetened dried apple
- ½ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup chopped raw unsalted almonds
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp whole flaxseeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined and crumbly.
2. With wet hands, press mixture evenly into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until firm, 3 to 4 hours.
3. Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut into 24 bars. Refrigerate bars in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper for up to 1 week.
Try Them as Balls! No baking dish? No problem! Skip Steps 2 and 3 and roll the oat mixture into 24 1½-inch balls.
- Serving Size 1 bar
- Calories 158
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g