- Prep Time
- 2 large zucchini (about 1½ lb total), trimmed
- ½ tsp + 1/8 tsp sea salt, divided
- ¼ cup dried wakame seaweed (TRY: Eden Wakame)
- 3 tbsp chopped roasted unsalted cashews, divided
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
1. Working 1 piece at a time, secure zucchini into a spiralizer and turn crank to create long ribbons. (NOTE: Always check the instructions on your spiralizer as they vary by brand.) In a bowl, toss noodles with 1/8 tsp salt and transfer to a colander for 15 to 20 minutes to drain excess liquid.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add wakame and enough cold water to cover. Soak for 5 minutes, or according to package directions. Reserving 2 tbsp soaking liquid, drain wakame.
3. In a food processor or blender, pulse wakame, reserved soaking liquid, 2 tbsp cashews, yeast, lemon juice, garlic and remaining ½ tsp salt, stopping to scrape down side of bowl, until cashews are finely chopped. With motor running, slowly drizzle in oil and blend until smooth. Set aside.
4. Arrange noodles on a large tray lined with a clean, dry towel. Cover with a second towel and gently pat to absorb any excess water. In a large bowl, gently toss together zucchini, wakame mixture, tomato and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp cashews.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 418 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g