- 3 poblano peppers
- 1 small jalapeño chile pepper
- ½ yellow onion, halved
- 1¼ cups fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese + additional for garnish
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive or avocado oil
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- Optional for Dipping: Tortilla chips, whole-grain crackers, tomato wedges, blanched broccoli, zucchini rounds or roasted skin-on sweet potato wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange poblano peppers, jalapeño and onion on sheet; roast until peppers are charred and softened, about 25 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
2. Place poblanos in a bowl and cover to steam. When cool, remove charred skin. If you prefer less heat, remove seeds and membrane. Halve jalapeño and remove seeds and membrane.
3. In a food processor, purée poblanos, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, goat cheese, oil, lime juice and salt until almost smooth. Scrape sides of bowl. Add yogurt and pulse until combined.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with additional goat cheese. Serve with optional accompaniments for dipping. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 69
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 158 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g