You don’t need to fry chicken to get a perfect crispy crunch. This coated, baked chicken is full of flavor next to a vibrant purple slaw that’s made with Greek yogurt instead of the traditional mayo. Here, we make our own bread crumbs to save on ingredients in the plan, but if you have some on hand, you can simply combine with the Parmesan and seasonings in Step 2.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process the mini baguettes into bread crumbs. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, chili powder and one-half pepper. In a second shallow dish, whisk eggs.
- Dip chicken strips first into eggs, lifting to let any excess drip off. Dip next into bread crumbs, then place on prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, place cabbage, carrots and celery. In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and remaining pepper. Pour over coleslaw and toss. TIP: Save time by using the grater blade on a food processor to shred the cabbage, carrots and celery together.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store leftovers in separate containers. To maintain crispiness, reheat chicken in oven at 450°F when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 438
- Carbohydrate Content 32.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 169 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 680 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g