Love a good cheese & chicken combo? Try our Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½-inch thickness
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 deli-thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp organic unsalted butter
- 1 small red chile, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush cut sides of squash with 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Bake, cut sides down, on sheet until squash is tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, scrape out flesh using a fork, creating long strings. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a wide shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan and chia. In a second wide shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- Pat chicken into flour mixture to coat; shake off excess. Dip into egg, then press back into flour mixture to coat. Discard any remaining flour and egg mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a large, foil-lined baking sheet.
- In overlapping layers, top each piece chicken with sliced tomato and 1 slice mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese melts and chicken is no longer pink inside, 8 to 10 minutes.(TIP: You can put chicken into the oven just when squash is removed and cooling.)
- Meanwhile, wipe out skillet and return to stove top on medium-high. Heat remaining 1 tsp oil and butter. Add chile and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add reserved squash and parsley and toss to combine. Serve squash with chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 3/4 cup squash
- Calories: 558
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 197 mg
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 46 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 6 g