Raise the Bar on Your Snack Game with These Nutty Chocolate Fig Bars
Healthy snacking just got easier – and more delicious – with these no-bake chocolate almond fig bars, lightly sweetened with honey.
You don’t have to settle for additive-laden, sugar-filled sweets when a chocolate or sweets craving strikes. You can whip up an easy, chocolatey treat right at home, and you don’t even have to turn on your oven. Our Nutty Chocolate Fig Bars offer the best of both worlds, with a simple recipe that doesn’t take too much hands-on time and a host of healthful ingredients. Oh, and they’re totally addictive, too!
These no-bake bars are meant to offer a light sweetness, thanks to the addition of coconut and figs, along with plenty of chocolate. We’ve even mixed in some almonds for a nutty, crunchy texture that’s reminiscent of your favorite candy bars, but without all of those unwanted (and not-so-healthy) extras.
But these Nutty Chocolate Fig Bars aren’t just wonderfully satisfying for those sweet cravings. They’re made with good-for-you ingredients that can offer a wealth of wellness and nutritional benefits. Just take the dark chocolate that offers a slightly sweet, slightly tart bite – it includes a particular kind of flavonoid called flavanols, which can benefit everything from inflammation to your metabolism to your long-term health. And the figs, which infuse some sweetness into the bars, are a fantastic source of calcium and potassium. Together, these two nutrients help improve bone density and may help prevent health woes like osteoporosis as you grow older.
And honestly, what’s better for your health – and happiness – than biting into one of these decadently delicious yet healthy bars?
Nutty Chocolate Fig Bars
- 1 3⁄4 cups raw unsalted almonds
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried figs, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + additional for topping
- 1⁄4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp fine sea salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment, ensuring paper size is larger than bottom of pan.
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground (stop processing before it becomes almond meal). Add figs, coconut, coconut butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Process until mixture is finely chopped and holding together. Press evenly into baking dish. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil, stirring. Remove dish from refrigerator. Immediately pour chocolate mixture over top and spread evenly. Sprinkle with additional coconut and flaky salt. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove slab from pan using paper and transfer to a board. Cut into 24 bars. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size 1 bar
- Calories 177
- Carbohydrate Content 13.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 142 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g