Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a clean, dry blender, process ½ cup rolled oats into oat flour; blend on medium for about 1 minute. In a large bowl, stir together prepared oat flour, remaining ½ cup rolled oats, almonds, protein powder, cinnamon and salt. Then combine applesauce, vanilla and maple syrup together with dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Cut 6 squares of aluminum foil into 4 x 8-inch pieces. Lightly coat the interior with cooking spray. Spoon out an equal portion of mixture onto each foil square, and roll them into a bar shape. Fold them like tamales, folding the ends over to prevent spillage. You can flatten them into bar shapes if you want to avoid a tube-shaped bar.
4. Bake foil-wrapped bars on baking sheet in preheated oven for 16 to 18 minutes. Do not overcook.
Tip: Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge!
- Serving Size 1 Bar
- Calories 213
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 189 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g