These muffins are super moist, dairy-free and gluten-free. This recipe calls for our Homemade Almond Milk & Homemade Almond Butter to save on ingredients, but if you want to use a packaged variety, they will work just as well.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store muffins in refrigerator.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a standard muffin tray with 12 paper liners.
2. Prepare muffins: In a large bowl, mix together oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, bananas and vanilla. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir until mixed. Fold in carrots.
3. Pour batter into prepared liners and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare icing: To a food processor, add coconut oil and almond butter and blend for 2 minutes. Slowly drizzle in maple syrup and almond milk until smooth. When muffins are cool, top with icing.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 196
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 6.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 229 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g