You can drizzle the extra oil over a salad or roasted vegetables if using right away, but it’s not safe to store it for future use.
Tip: For an easy lunch, flake the fish and serve in nori wraps with matchstick carrots and bell pepper and sliced avocado.
Fatigue Fighter: Certain conditions like thyroid disorders cause the body to overproduce hormones, expending energy more quickly. If you find yourself fighting fatigue, check with your physician and focus on thyroid- supporting nutrients such as iodine and selenium, which are found in cod.
Related: Olive Oil Poached Mahi Mahi
- Preheat oven to 250ºF. Lay half the lemon slices in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Pat fish dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on top of lemon slices. Top with tomatoes (if using), capers, garlic and remaining lemon slices. Pour oil over top. Add thyme and bay leaf, pushing to submerge in oil.
- Bake fish until cooked through and flakes easily, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 fillet
- Calories 195
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 384 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g