- Prep Time
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless mahi mahi fillets, patted dry (about 1 inch thick; substitute with swordfish if you can't find mahi mahi but ensure it's caught from the North Atlantic or Eastern Pacific coast.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper glakes
- 10 Castelvetrano or other green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 small head garlic, cloves crushed or minced (TIP: This recipe uses a lot of garlic, which we love! Feel free to reduce the amount if you are less enthusiastic about it.)
- 1 cup drained jarred roasted red peppers roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup each roughly chopped fresh basil and fresh parsley + additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice + lemon wedges for serving
1. Prepare fish: Preheat oven to 250°F. Sprinkle fish with salt; set aside.
2. In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat extra-virgin olive oil on medium-low until an instant-read thermometer reads 180F when inserted in oil, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Add fish, spooning oil over top. Cover with lid.
3. Transfer to oven; bake, turning fish once, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish to a large plate and cover to keep warm. Discard oil.
4. Meanwhile, prepare asparagus: Cut asparagus tips from stalks; set tips aside. Thinly slice stalks crosswise; set aside.
5. In a separate large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add onion, black pepper and pepper flakes and sauté, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden, about 4 minutes. Add olives, garlic, red peppers and capers and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
6. Add wine and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add asparagus tips and stalks and sauté until tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add basil, parsley and lemon juice; toss to combine. Divide among plates. Top with fish, dividing evenly. Garnish with additional basil and parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet and 1/4 asparagus
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 107 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 577 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g