Beef is one of the top sources of zinc, a mineral that is key to maintaining a healthy immune system. We suggest opting for grass- fed beef as research shows that it contains more nutrients, such as carotenoids.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb top round steak (1⁄2- to 3⁄4-inch thick), trimmed of fat and cut into 4 portions
- 10 pimento-stuffed green olives, finely chopped
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp finely chopped jarred roasted red pepper (1 pepper or 2 oz)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp dried oregano
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained (or 4 ears, shucked and kernels removed)
- 16 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips (about 2 1⁄2 tbsp)
- Into a large zip-top plastic bag, pour 1⁄4 cup vinegar and broth. Add steaks, seal bag and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, combine olives, tomato, pepper, honey and remaining 2 tbsp vinegar. Set aside.
- Remove steaks from bag, discarding excess marinade. Season steaks with 1⁄4 tsp salt and oregano. Position oven rack 6 inches below heating element and preheat broiler to high. Mist a grated broiler pan with cooking spray and place over a large foil-lined baking sheet. Arrange steaks on broiler pan. Broil steaks for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway, or to desired doneness. Remove steaks from oven, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. With a serrated knife, thinly slice steak
- In a medium nonstick sauté pan on medium, heat oil. Add corn and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt and sauté until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Divide steak and relish among serving plates, spooning some relish juices over meat. Serve with corn mixture.
- Serving Size: 4oz steak and 1/4 of relish and corn
- Calories: 275
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 75 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2.5 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 520 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g