Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Making a pasta sauce from scratch and infusing bold, varied flavor doesn’t have to take you hours of simmering and stirring. In fact, our One-Pot Spaghetti Puttanesca proves that it’s possible to achieve an irresistible meal in just 45 minutes – and without using multiple pots and pans.
When you need a pleasing yet speedy dinner, this One-Pot Spaghetti Puttanesca delivers. Made with a combination of plant-based ingredients like briny Kalamata olives, juicy cherry tomatoes, meaty cannellini beans and tangy capers, this easy recipe develops its flavors quickly as its comes together in one pot on your stovetop. And you can enhance it with a sprinkle of fresh basil and Parmesan cheese once it’s fully finished.
On, and don’t overlook the wine you choose to use for the sauce! This one-pot pasta gets a ton of personality from the wine, so choose a dry white with delicate citrus notes for the best flavor – Pinot Grigio is a great option. The spaghetti absorbs most of the liquid as it cooks, leaving just enough of the bold, Italian-style sauce to coat the pasta.
One-Pot Spaghetti Puttanesca
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, salt, black pepper and pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes are slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, just until spaghetti is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans, olives and capers and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 434
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 450 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g