- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns, split
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
- In a large zip-top bag, combine chicken, hot sauce, oil and salt and pepper. Shake to coat and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight for stronger flavor.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium-high. Add chicken and any hot sauce mixture from bag and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add broth. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from sillet; use 2 forks to finely shred chicken. Return to pot and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Toast buns and divide chicken mixture, lettuce and carrot among halves. Top with cheese, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 2 open-faced buffalo chicken sandwiches
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 34 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 483 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g