Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Looking for lunch inspiration? Discover 12 Ways to Liven Up Lunch.
- Prepare Pickled Shallots: In a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup water, vinegar, honey, cloves and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Add sliced shallot, then cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Drain, discarding cloves and peppercorns.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix tuna, celery, lemon zest and juice, chopped shallot, mayonnaise, capers, salt and pepper with a fork until well combined.
- Top each slice bread with romaine, tomato, tuna mixture and pickled shallots, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 tuna sandwich
- Calories 263
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 421 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g