Find more veggie recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered, cored and thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, florets quartered and stems halved crosswise and quartered lengthwise
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 oz smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar (TRY: Bionaturae Organic Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add fennel slices and bell pepper and sauté, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccolini florets and stems, increase heat to medium-high and sauté until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange bread in a single layer and sprinkle with half of the cheese, dividing evenly. Top with fennel mixture and remaining cheese, dividing evenly. Bake until cheese melts, 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with fennel fronds.
- Serving Size: 1 veggie melt
- Calories: 278
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 22 mg
- Fat Content: 10.5 g
- Fiber Content: 7.5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Sodium Content: 457 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g