DID YOU KNOW?
Chipotle chile peppers are actually jalapeno peppers that have been smoked. Chipotle is a great addition to any dish to which you’d like to add a bit of smokiness and heat – it pairs especially well with chicken and pork.
Video: Cooking Rice
Learn to cook the perfect pot of rice - Chef Jo has four kinds to share, two of which are sure to impress guests!
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tsp chili powder (TRY: Simply Organic Chili Powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Cumin)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp safflower oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb), rinsed and patted dry, pounded 1/2-inch thick
- Juice 1 medium navel orange (1/3 cup orange juice)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 packed cup chopped cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine chile powder, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Season both sides of chicken with chile-cumin mixture and cook for 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add orange juice and maple syrup to juice and bits left in skillet and cook for 1 minute to thicken slightly (until it measures 1/4 cup liquid), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in chipotle chiles in adobo sauce and orange zest. Add chicken back to skillet, return to heat and cook for 1 minute on medium-high, turning constantly.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, cilantro and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Serve chicken over rice and spoon any excess glaze over top chicken pieces.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken and 1/2 cup rice
- Calories: 283
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 337 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g