- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, 3/4 tsp nutmeg,
- /2 tsp cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg; stir in buttermilk, honey, oil, Sucanat and vanilla. Add liquid to dry mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in zucchini, carrots and orange zest.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and fill three quarters of each liner with batter. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cinnamon over batter. Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 134
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g