Nutritional Bonus: Herperidin is a powerful antioxidant shown to help boost your body's anti-inflammatory defense and reduce your risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. While oranges are a source of herperidin, the phytonutrient is found largely in the peel. So, it's best to use the whole fruit (think zest) as we've done with our Orange-Poached Catfish.
COST PER SERVING
- Prep Time
- 1/2 lb green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 1 ear corn, shucked
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 juice oranges
- 4 3-oz boneless, skinless catfish fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Prepare confetti salad: Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add beans, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl with cool water. Immediately drain beans and submerge in cool water for 2 minutes. Drain again, then cut beans into 1-inch-long pieces. Place in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Rinse pot and again fill halfway with water; bring to a boil. Add corn and cook for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, re-fill first bowl with cool water. Immediately drain corn and submerge in cool water for 2 minutes. Drain again, then use a sharp knife to cut kernels off of cob and into bowl with beans. Add tomatoes, oil and salt; toss and set aside.
- Prepare catfish: Zest 1 orange and set zest aside. Squeeze juice from both oranges into a large nonstick skillet. Heat juice for 1 minute on medium, then gently slide catfish into skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and poach catfish, covered, for 7 minutes or until flesh flakes cleanly with a fork. Using a slotted spatula, gently remove catfish.
- Add 1 catfish fillet and about 1 1/2 cups confetti salad to each of 4 plates. Garnish catfish with reserved orange zest and serve.
- Serving Size: 3 oz catfish and 1 1/2 cups confetti salad
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 288 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g