Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Cook rice according to package directions. (Tip: If following our meal plan, make 3 cups cooked rice (1 cup dry) and save 2 cups cooked for later in the week.)
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp water on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add carrot, cover, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas, bell pepper and bok choy and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites, arrowroot, sesame seeds and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
4. Mist a separate large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium high. Working in small batches, add shrimp to skillet. Cook until bottoms are golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 more minute, until opaque throughout. Transfer to a large paper towel–lined plate.
5. In a small bowl, whisk orange zest and juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Add to skillet and bring to a boil on medium-high, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Return shrimp and bok choy mixture to skillet and stir to coat. Serve over rice.
- Serving Size 2 cups shrimp-bok-choy mixture and ½ cup rice
- Calories 401
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 172 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 438 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g