Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 5 oz whole-wheat orzo
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 orange
- 1/4 medium bulb fennel, cored and thinly sliced, plus 1 tbsp feathery fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled low-fat feta
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Zest orange and add zest to bowl with vinaigrette. Peel orange and, working over a separate medium bowl to catch juices, carefully cut sections from orange and add them to same medium bowl. Cut orange sections in half. Squeeze juice from remaining membrane into large bowl with vinaigrette, discarding membrane.
- Drain orzo, add to large bowl with vinaigrette and toss. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add orange sections to orzo. Stir in fennel, fennel fronds and onions. Top with feta and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrients per serving (about 3/4 cup orzo mixture and 1 tbsp feta): Calories: 210, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 34 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 200 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg