Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk until well blended. Place bread in a blender or food processor and process into coarse bread crumbs. In a shallow pan (such as a pie pan), combine bread crumbs, paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Place zucchini and squash wedges in egg mixture. Toss gently, yet thoroughly, to coat well. Working with a few spears at a time, coat zucchini and squash wedges with bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly with fingertips to allow breadcrumbs to adhere.
- Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray, arrange zucchini and squash in a single layer on sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Flip over and bake for 3 minutes more, until lightly golden and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, garlic and hot sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle squash evenly with salt and squeeze lemon over top. Serve immediately with sauce.
- Serving Size 6 squash spears and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 272 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g