Overnight Maple Pecan Oats in a Jar
Chia seeds are loaded with healthy omega fats, antioxidants, dietary fiber and protein. Oats are high in manganese and fiber plus they contain a type of fiber called beta-glucan, which has been shown to help regulate cholesterol levels. To top it off, cinnamon is helpful for blood sugar control, so you can add an extra dash, if desired.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 small sliced banana
- 1 tbsp chopped unsalted pecans
- 2 tsp creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- In a small Mason jar, combine almond milk, old-fashioned rolled oats, chia seeds, ground cinnamon and pure vanilla extract.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with 1 small sliced banana, chopped unsalted pecans and creamy unsalted almond butter. Drizzle with pure maple syrup.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g