Paleo Blueberry Almond Crumble Muffins
These hand-held blueberry treats are the perfect way to start your day.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1¼ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup unsweetened smooth almond or cashew butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 12-count muffin tray. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to remove lumps. In a large bowl, whisk together mashed potato, almond butter, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
2. Make topping: In a small bowl, mix together crumble ingredients. Set aside.
3. Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in blueberries. Divide batter among muffin cups and sprinkle with almond crumble. Bake until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 259
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 177 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g