Find more Clean Eating recipes for chicken here!
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp minced fresh sage leaves
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded into 1/2-inch thickness
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch collard greens, ribs removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup BPA-free canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (TRY: Eden Organic Cannellini Beans)
- Pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- Combine panko and sage.
- Dredge chicken through flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dredge through egg mixture, shaking off excess. Dredge through panko mixture, gently pressing panko onto chicken. Transfer chicken to a large plate.
- Line a separate large plate with paper towel and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Working in batches if necessary, add chicken to skillet and cook, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in center. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high. Add garlic and bell pepper and sauté, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, until softened. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp flour over top and stir quickly. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, until liquid is slightly thickened. Reduce heat to a simmer. Working in batches, add collard greens, about 2 cups per batch, cooking each batch until slightly wilted. Add beans, stir to combine and cook until heated through. Season with pepper flakes and toss to combine; remove from heat. Spoon greens-beans mixture onto serving plates and top with chicken, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken and 1 cup green-bean mixture
- Calories: 432
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 102 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g