Find more vegetarian Clean Eating recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 20 oz jarred or boxed chopped unsalted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. In a medium pot, bring 1½ cups water and rice to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, until tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in lentils, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. (NOTE: Lentils should be covered with water at all times; add more water during cook time if necessary.) Drain.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, cabbage and Italian seasoning. Stir in rice and lentils. Divide among 4 16-oz baking dishes or 1 large baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25 minutes, until bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Serving Size: 14 oz
- Calories: 343
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 438 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g