Find more vegetarian Clean Eating recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. In a medium pot, bring 1½ cups water and rice to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, until tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in lentils, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. (NOTE: Lentils should be covered with water at all times; add more water during cook time if necessary.) Drain.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, cabbage and Italian seasoning. Stir in rice and lentils. Divide among 4 16-oz baking dishes or 1 large baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25 minutes, until bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Serving Size 14 oz
- Calories 343
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 438 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g