Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. About 2 minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus, carrots and peas and continue to cook until pasta is al dente and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chives, mint, parsley and tarragon. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and vegetables, reserving about 1 cup cooking water in a heatproof cup. Return pasta and vegetables to pot and stir in cheese, oil, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, three-quarters of herb mixture, half of lemon zest and 1/2 cup cooking water. Add additional salt, pepper and cooking water as desired.
- Garnish with remaining one-quarter of herb mixture and remaining half of lemon zest. Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups pasta primavera
- Calories 384
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8.5 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 275 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g