PB & Banana Grilled Cheese
Whip up a quick snack for the kiddies or a meal-on-the-go with just 4 ingredients and 8 minutes. Bonus: It's loaded with fiber!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 oz low-fat medium cheddar cheese, sliced
- Heat a medium nonstick pan on medium-low. Place bread on a work surface and spread each slice with peanut butter, dividing evenly. On 1 slice, layer banana and cheese. Top with remaining slice of bread, peanut-butter side down. Place sandwich in pan and cook, turning once, until bread lightly toasts and cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 363
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 352 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g