Find more budget recipes here.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a heavy 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken, flesh side down, and cook undisturbed until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn chicken and arrange along outer edge of skillet. Add parsnip to center of skillet, spreading in a single layer. Cook undisturbed until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, maple syrup, vinegar and mustard and stir into skillet. Stir in peach and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook undisturbed until peach is softened and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken reads 165˚F, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add mustard greens and cook until bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain well and pat dry or whirl in a salad spinner.
- Stir mustard greens into chicken mixture. Increase heat to medium and cook, uncovered, basting chicken with sauce occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 thigh
- Calories 322
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 133 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 7.5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 449 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3.5 g