- Prep Time
1¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour (Try: King Arthur Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour)
¾ cup organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar)
1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
½ tsp each sea salt and ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
½ cup sunflower or safflower oil
1½ cups full-fat ricotta cheese
2 tsp finely grated orange zest + ¼ cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1½ cups peeled and diced peaches (TIP: To peel, use a soft fruit peeler, or make an X on bottom of each with a knife, blanch in simmering water then peel.)
½ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp finely grated orange zest
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously mist a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cane juice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and oil until light and frothy, about 30 seconds. Stir in cheese, orange zest and juice and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture in 3 additions, until combined. Fold in peaches. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
4. Prepare frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together all frosting ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Whisk frosting again then drizzle over cake. Cut into 16 slices.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of cake
- Calories: 258
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 48 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 209 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g