Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Fire up the grill! Check out our collection of cookout recipes.
- Mist a 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan on the stove top on medium, melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in 6 tbsp cane juice. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly, then top with peaches, arranging wedges in concentric circles. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, cardamom, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, use a handheld whisk to lightly beat eggs. Add remaining 1/2 cup cane juice, milk and oil and beat with paddle attachment on medium speed until light and frothy, about 3 minutes. (NOTE: A handheld electric mixer will also work here.) On low speed, add flour mixture in 3 additions, mixing until just incorporated after each. Transfer batter to pan, spreading evenly over peaches.
- Prepare a grill for indirect medium heat (to maintain a temperature of about 325°F). Place a double layer of foil, about 12 inches square, over the cooler part of the grate. Place pan with cake batter on foil, cover and cook until edges are separating from the pan and a toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove cake from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place a serving plate on top of the pan and carefully invert, then slowly lift pan off cake. Rearrange any peaches that stick to the pan. Drizzle rum over cake 1 tbsp at a time, letting it soak in between additions (if using). Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size 1/12 of cake
- Calories 184
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 113 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g