Like this barley salad? Find out how barley can curb your appetite here.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and iced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat feta cheese
- Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain barley and toss with parsley, walnuts, peach and pepper. In a separate bowl, blend oil, lime juice, orange juice, chile powder and salt. Pour over barley mixture and toss together. Crumble feta over top and serve.
Nutrients per serving (1 cup barley salad): Calories: 305, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 48 g, Fiber: 10 g, Sugars: 5.5 g, Protein: 9 g, Sodium: 255 mg, Cholesterol: 2.5 mg