Find more healthy desserts like this here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups sliced peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 13.5-oz BPA-free cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (NOTE: It's important to use a brand without fillers and gums for this recipe.)
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Chill a large mixing bowl and beaters (for an electric hand mixer) in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot on medium-low, bring peaches, ¼ cup water, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/8 tsp salt to a simmer. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, using a spoon to crush and break up pieces until texture is a chunky purée. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, scoop solid white cream from coconut milk cans into chilled bowl; reserve liquid for another use. Using hand mixer, beat cream for 1 minute, until light and fluffy, then add remaining 1 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt and honey. Beat on high for 1 additional minute. Fold peach purée into coconut mixture, then pour into a parchment-lined loaf pan, spreading so that top is even. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours, stirring vigorously every 30 minutes.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, then slice into individual servings using a warmed knife, or use a warmed ice cream scoop (run under hot water for 20 seconds).
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 196
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 74 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g