- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare batter: In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using). In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg with oil; stir in 1⁄2 cup yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Mash 2 1⁄2 bananas and fold into mixture until just combined and no white streaks remain; mixture should still be lumpy.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: In a small bowl, mash remaining 1⁄2 banana; stir in remaining 1 egg, 2 tbsp yogurt and peanut butter until well combined.
- Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners and fill one-third of each liner with batter. Dollop 1 tsp filling into each, then divide remaining batter among liners. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Let cool in tin for 5 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and let cool on wire racks.
TIP: Muffins are good for about 4 days so freeze any you won’t use within that period. If following our Two-Week Meal Plan, freeze at least 2 muffins and thaw for use when called for.
- Serving Size 1 peanut butter banana muffin
- Calories 146
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 98 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g