Find more like these clean brownies here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 3 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup organic evaporated cane juice (TRY: Florida Crystals Organic Cane Sugar)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup light spelt flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp natural unsalted smooth peanut butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches hanging over 2 opposing sides.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on 50% power (low) for 30 seconds. Stir and cook for 30 more seconds; repeat until chocolate and butter melt, being careful not to overcook. (Alternatively, bring a pot of water to a very gentle simmer; place a stainless steel bowl over pot and add chocolate and butter to bowl. Cook, stirring, until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.)
- Stir in eggs, cane juice and vanilla until combined. Add flour and cocoa powder and stir until just incorporated and no white streaks remain; do not over-mix.
- Pour into baking dish, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula. Working in small dollops, dot surface of batter with peanut butter. With a butter knife, swirl peanut butter through batter.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs when inserted in center, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes. Remove brownies from dish by lifting parchment paper. Slice into 12 pieces.
- Serving Size: 2 x 2 1/2-inch brownie
- Calories: 153
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 43 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 14 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g