Find more like these clean brownies here.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches hanging over 2 opposing sides.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on 50% power (low) for 30 seconds. Stir and cook for 30 more seconds; repeat until chocolate and butter melt, being careful not to overcook. (Alternatively, bring a pot of water to a very gentle simmer; place a stainless steel bowl over pot and add chocolate and butter to bowl. Cook, stirring, until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.)
- Stir in eggs, cane juice and vanilla until combined. Add flour and cocoa powder and stir until just incorporated and no white streaks remain; do not over-mix.
- Pour into baking dish, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula. Working in small dollops, dot surface of batter with peanut butter. With a butter knife, swirl peanut butter through batter.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs when inserted in center, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes. Remove brownies from dish by lifting parchment paper. Slice into 12 pieces.
- Serving Size 2 x 2 1/2-inch brownie
- Calories 153
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 14 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g