Health Benefit: Both the peanut butter and almond butter in this recipe are great sources of monounsaturated fat, a type of good fat that supports heart health.
- 24 squaresServings
- ¾ cup natural unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate (70 to 85%), finely chopped
1. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang, and mist with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Transfer mixture to prepared pan, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula.
3. In a small saucepan on medium-low, combine almond butter and chocolate, stirring until chocolate is melted. Dollop chocolate mixture into peanut butter mixture and swirl with a spoon. Freeze until set, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Lift overhanging edges of parchment and transfer fudge to a cutting board. Slice into 24 squares with a serrated knife. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 105
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 21 mg
- Sugar Content: 2.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g