Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more holiday recipes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine pears, lemon juice and 2 tbsp cane juice. Sprinkle arrowroot over mixture and toss until evenly distributed. Transfer mixture to a 2-qt baking dish, smoothing it into an even layer. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup cane juice. Use a pastry cutter, a fork or your fingertips to work butter into flour mixture, forming heavy crumbs. Stir in almonds and almond extract. Scatter topping evenly over fruit and bake until fruit juices are bubbling and topping is browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld electric mixer, whip cream to very soft peaks. Add cardamom and remaining 1/2 tsp cane juice and whip to soft peaks.
- Serve crumble warm or at room temperature topped with whipped cream.
- Serving Size 2/3 cup crumble and 1 1/2 tbsp whipped cream
- Calories 246
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 26 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 129 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g