Pecans are delicious, nutrient-packed powerhouses that make for an ideal snack, condiment, or ingredient in your favorite recipes. They add a nice crunch to this easy chicken dish.
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups unsalted pecans, divided
- ½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 3 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp peeled and minced ginger
- 10 cups torn baby kale
- ½ cup crumbled full-fat feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a blender or food processor, grind two-thirds of pecans into a coarse flour. In a shallow bowl, combine ground pecans, half of each salt and pepper, and oregano. Place eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
3. Coat chicken in ground pecan mixture, turning to coat all sides and shaking off excess. Dip chicken into egg, letting excess drop off. Finally, dip back into ground pecan mixture, turning to coat all sides. Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Bake chicken until internal temperature registers 165°F at the thickest part, 22 to 26 minutes.
5. In large skillet or wok on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and ginger; sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. Add kale and stir until wilted, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with feta and remaining chopped pecans. Serve chicken with a side of sautéed kale.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store leftover meal components separately; reheat and assemble when called for.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 669
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 219 mg
- Fat Content: 52 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 716 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g