Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Pecans are delicious, nutrient-packed powerhouses that make for an ideal snack, condiment, or ingredient in your favorite recipes. They add a nice crunch to this easy chicken dish.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a
baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a blender or food processor,
grind two-thirds of pecans into a coarse flour. In a shallow bowl,
combine ground pecans, half of each salt and pepper, and oregano. Place eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
3. Coat chicken in ground pecan mixture, turning to coat all sides and shaking off excess. Dip chicken into egg, letting excess drop off. Finally,
dip back into ground pecan mixture,
turning to coat all sides. Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet.
Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Bake chicken until internal
temperature registers 165°F at the
thickest part, 22 to 26 minutes.
5. In large skillet or wok on medium,
heat oil. Add garlic and ginger; sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. Add kale and stir until wilted, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with feta and remaining chopped pecans. Serve chicken with a side of sautéed kale.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store
leftover meal components separately;
reheat and assemble when called for.
- Serving Size 1/3 of recipe
- Calories 669
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 219 mg
- Fat Content 52 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 716 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g