Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a colander, toss eggplant with salt to coat. Let stand 20 minutes. Using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels, gently squeeze out
2. In a large deep skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add eggplant and sauté, stirring frequently, until golden and slightly softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion and sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add cherry peppers, capers and garlic and sauté until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes with juices, wine, thyme, basil stems and black pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer gently, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with the back of a spoon, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Discard thyme.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain and add to eggplant mixture. Add basil leaves and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 676 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g