See also Kettle Corn Two Ways
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 cupsServings
- 8 cups popped unsalted organic popcorn
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract, or to taste (NOTE: Brands of peppermint vary in strength, so adjust accordingly.)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place popcorn in a large metal bowl. Set both aside.
- In a small saucepan on medium, melt oil. Whisk in cocoa powder and peppermint extract. Continue whisking until heated through and peppermint is fragrant and cocoa powder is completely incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over popcorn and sprinkle with almonds. Cover bowl and shake until popcorn is completely coated. Sprinkle with salt, cover and shake a second time.
- Pour popcorn onto baking sheet and place in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until chocolate sauce is firm.
- Portion out a 2-cup serving of popcorn into each of 4 squares of cellophane. Secure with a festive bow.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 321
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 126 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g