See also Kettle Corn Two Ways
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place popcorn in a large metal bowl. Set both aside.
- In a small saucepan on medium, melt oil. Whisk in cocoa powder and peppermint extract. Continue whisking until heated through and peppermint is fragrant and cocoa powder is completely incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over popcorn and sprinkle with almonds. Cover bowl and shake until popcorn is completely coated. Sprinkle with salt, cover and shake a second time.
- Pour popcorn onto baking sheet and place in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until chocolate sauce is firm.
- Portion out a 2-cup serving of popcorn into each of 4 squares of cellophane. Secure with a festive bow.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 321
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 126 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g