Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more meal plan recipes.
- Prepare pomegranate molasses: In a small saucepan, bring pomegranate juice, honey, lemon juice and pinch salt to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 40 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet on medium, toast walnuts until starting to brown. Grind in a food processor to small crumbs. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven on medium, heat oil. Toss chicken with flour and pinch each salt and pepper. Cook chicken in batches until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate.
- To same pan, add onions and sauté until soft and light golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. (NOTE: Add a splash of oil or water to pan if it becomes dry.) Add garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining ½ tsp salt and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add broth, pomegranate molasses and walnuts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, adding chicken and any juices back into stew, for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and flavors are blended.
- Sprinkle portions with parsley and pomegranate seeds. (NOTE: Three servings are used in Meal Plan; freeze remaining for future use.)
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups
- Calories 466
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 91 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 495 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 12 g