- Prep Time
¾ cup Sunridge Farms Organic Red Quinoa, rinsed
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
¼ tsp sea salt
1½ tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
1 9-oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Zócalo Aji Panca Chili and Herbs Cooking Sauce, divided
8 oz cooked crabmeat or chopped, cooked shrimp
1½ tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo – Traditional
ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups torn lettuce of choice
halved cherry or grape tomatoes
sprouts or microgreens
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1½ cups water, quinoa, garlic and salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add 1 tbsp lime juice and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water fitted with a steamer basket, steam potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add green onions and 1 tbsp cooking sauce and mash with a fork, leaving a few chunks. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix crab, mayonnaise, remaining ½ tbsp lime juice and pepper.
4. Place ½ cup lettuce at the bottom of each bowl. Divide quinoa over top, placing in a mound on one side of the bowl. Divide sweet potato mixture and crab mixture among bowls, placing in mounds. Add optional toppings (if using). Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp cooking sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 441 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g