Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Prepare pesto: To a food processor, add all pesto ingredients except oil; pulse to break down into small pieces. Stream in oil and blend for 30 seconds. Transfer to a jar with a lid; set aside. Clean out processor.
2. Prepare pizza: Preheat oven to 400°F. To processor, add cauliflower rice and pulse to break down into smaller pieces. Transfer to a medium saucepan with 1 tbsp water on medium heat. Cover and cook for 8 minutes, stirring often, until very tender. Transfer to a towel or large piece of cheesecloth. Let cool 10 minutes then gather edges of towel and squeeze out water.
3. Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Add ½ cup mozzarella, egg, hemp seeds, almond flour, oregano, salt and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn out cauliflower onto baking sheet and form into a large ball. Using your hands, flatten into a large circle, about ¼ inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes, until edges just starting to brown.
5. Top with ¼ cup pesto (reserve remaining 1 cup for use within the Meal Plan). Top with sliced vegetables; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more. Turn oven to broil on high and broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese starts to turn golden. NOTE: Let cool then slice and refrigerate in an airtight container. Refrigerate extra pesto in an airtight container. Reheat pizza in toaster oven until cheese is bubbling.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 482
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 147 mg
- Fat Content 32 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 852 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g